ya - so Im in a major reminiscing mood today

full of flshback and remember whens

its strange, but I cant remember peoples faces

that is not to say that I would not recognise my friends when I meet them

but, the closer I get to them the less the chances of my being able to conjure up a vision whe they are away from me ...

I remember people by their expressions - one fleeting look - but very typical - somehow it stays in ur mind like a echo

And the texture of their voices, and the tone in which they speak

And usually I have a particular sentence or phrase stuck to their each person in my mind

Like when I remember Munal ... I can just hear her say "like it makes a diff to my life" ... totally disgusted ... totally garfield

and chatts is always "how corny ... pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeez" - all weltersmersh

and sohini is "Prrrrrrrrrrrrero!!!" like a rolling frenchie

and Pills would say - "bolna ... sachhi???" like a small kid

and Adit is like "helllllo??? I mean ..." shock

and Nilesh is "what was that again?" or "and why, pray are we going thru this exercise ..."

and rajesh is like "hello! are you serious"

and jish is "WHAT the Hell is going on around here!"

and joy is "shotti ..."

and ma is .... "mamoon ... othoooooooooooooo .............. PORBE NA"!!!!! or "tomaar shohur eshe electricity bill debe - cant u stay without the ac for sometime!!!LOL






hah hah ... I know its gonna sound crazy to anyone who is reading this bcz I cant really paint teh expressions with words but its so fresh in my mind ... the exact flavours of the sound ... could not resist it






some days back got a sms from a Nilesh "first real rain in cal today"

made me homesick like fresh lurch in my soul

first rain in cal

the smell of the dust

the crazy winds ... wet and cool ... evening onwards

drumming throbbing rain all night

people running - off the roads and under what shelter can be found here and there

southern avenue flooded






i miss cal so much, I must have been crazy to leave it again so soon :)

No comments:

Post a Comment