GOING UP IN SMOKE




sitting at home with nothing to do

lazy saturday evening

friend / colleague / neighbor calls

what about u make dinner for us for a change

very well then

before my kitchen drowns in rust

and before I throw out my weekly rottenvegchucklot

let me domesticate once again

its gonna be bong style mooshur daal bhindi and bhaat

so i boiled the daal

put the rice on the back burner

and Im making the bhindi

and simultaneously heating the oil to chhouk the daal

one point to mention, Im on call this weekend, so I have to answer the phone hi priority

so Im juggling my attentions betw the heating oil and the frying bhindi

at tnis brahmo-muhurto the phone rings in the bedroom

so I sprint out to take the call

just hangingup when I hear the smoke alarm

i think to myself the oil must be smoking something bad and stroll back to the kitchen

as soon as I come near, what do I see ...

the bloody pan is up in flames, high enough to burn the smoke hood!

no problemo ... I pick up the pan and put it under the tap ... Im not panicked yet

as I sopon find out, WRONG THING TO DO ... totally WRONG THING TO DO

(whenever I have a ImcoolImundercontrol brainwave i usually do the wrong thing)

the flames go up like dantes inferno and go climbing up the wall and through the hole in the wall and into the other room and burn my bloody post its

im still not panicked

what do I do, I cover the whole mess with my chopping board

good idea, flames going down, then I realise ... the board is made off plastic

even I know, plastic burns ...

so now I panic

but luckily nothing happened

flames go out just then

chopping board is scorched but I guess it was ina kind mood so it didnt really catch fire

im let off with slightly burned hands (wont need to wax my right nad for a while) and a little burned on my face and a nice smokey grey pattern on my wall

hmmmmmm ... good thing I dont have wallpaper!




nothing happened after that

coolly proceeded with the dinner

friends came

we ate

then we went and saw HULK

which was definitely the worse experience of the 2!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment