what a glorious life!!!

slept through most of saturday
woke up at 4:30PM
dying of hunger by then, so gobbled down two aloo parathas
thats been my staple diet since I came to the us
aloo paratha's
they come in pkts
u just defrost them and heat them in the pan and HOG.
they are horrible, but ...

anyway, I finished ORDCHID THIEF atlast
thank god!
i have never sat with a book for so long
i guess maybe bcz its non fiction u can speed read through it

no Im dying for a nice silly georgette heyer
or a agatha christie or something
but I have to finish dangerous summer (hemmingway)
and return both to thelibrary before they put me in jail

then I have a half read bengali book which everyone was very excited about
bcz I was reading bong atlast but I lost heart half way throughmy valiant efforts and quit
and I have to finish that as well
its Somoresh Mojumdar, Garbo dhaarini
Its about a revolution planned by 4 college kids, each frustrated with life and society
for diff reasons. 2 rich kids with weird parents and 2 poor kids with helpless parents :)

when I first came here, I was miserable bcz I was missing home
id just come back from the uk
not been home for even 2 months
when I was off again for here

but I made a really nice friend
and things cheered up
and I settle down and everything was great

but then now, the friend has gone back home
and I barely know a living being here
and everything is getting fucked up so badly
Everything ... work, personal life, everything
i feel like running away and going back home
though Im not really "homesick" as such
in fact I Dont like it at home for very long and will take another on site posting as soon as I hit base

sometimes I wonder, what if I get hooked to this whole nomadic lifestyle scene ...
god knows Im half way there

but I miss bristol
we had a big group there
lots of aquaintances
i had my rowing
and friends from their
and I went to the gym and had some friends there
now I dont do anything and know no one
and it sucks ...

No comments:

Post a Comment