"it was a deep stormy night
u slept through that night, peaceful
i watched you

i never saw you, hadnt known you for very long
but I knew u were so small & vulnerable
I could feel you

dont know who you are, dont know how you are
lone star in the dark of the night, sweeter by far
than anything I ever deserved

u came to me for love & safety
i knew that much, yet i drove you away
i had too

now it hurts so much to think of you and all the joy we could have had, together
I will hold this pain forever
I'll never forget you

lone star in the dark of the night,
sweeter by far than anyone anywhere.
sweet child, sweet smile,
big big brown eyes.
gentle and soft,
trusting & lost.
home and safe a night before,
now lost and wandering for evermore.
gone forever, only to remain
in my heart, as a bittersweet pain.
06212003PM"

No comments:

Post a Comment