temptations

for a moment i was sorely tempted
i wanted to take your hand and say
just stay for a while
dont be so scared.

i wont ask for forever
a little scrap of your time
or your heart,
will last me a while

i wanted to hold on to you and cry
this time has broken.
even my stubborn heart.
i never felt like this before.

dont be scared for tomorrow.
i'll be gone before sunrise.
i'm more scarder than you are;
but stay tonight.

i need you, like i never knew
i could need before,
stay still for a moment,
or a night, or a few days.

hold me close, let me in
let me breathe your spirit in,
its so beautiful ...
ur perfection, defined.

let me warm my hands, in the light in your eyes.
i'm frozen from being outside.
stay still for a moment,
i'll be gone by daylight.

i'm not looking for forever.
just a little scrap of your time,
or your heart,
will last me a while.

i could have said all that
i would have said all that
if i only dared
if i only knew, if it wasnt just a lie

11.03.2007

No comments:

Post a Comment