Was tagged by Parna, Aparna & Sanity Starved.
1. The tagged victim has to come up with 8 different points of their perfect lover.
2. You have to mention the sex of the target.
3. Tag 8 victims to join this game & leave a comment on their comments saying they've been tagged.
4. If tagged the 2nd time, there's no need to post again.
Sex of the target : Male.
Of the top of my head I would have said:
1. He's a good man. I admire him. I look up to him
2. He's really intelligent. He's capable. He's damn good at work. He makes me so proud of him
3. He's responsible. He'd always take care of me
4. He's wise, he's mature, he has a certain air of weltschmersch. Sometimes, when he sits and does nothing, staring into the distance, I can see it in his eyes
5. He has streak cruel. He's strong. He's sure of himself. He knows just where he stands. He's not insecure. He can be arrogant. He can break my heart, casually. When he's playing, I can read it in his smile
6. He's got a smile that lights up the bleakest soul. Grouch! He rarely smiles!
7. He's brave, even recklessness. Sometimes, he's scared of me, I can tell.
8. Sometimes, there's a tenderness in his smile, which makes my heart want to melt to a puddle on the floor. He really loves me, and it shows :)
Sad Old Bong
but its not really that. It really set me thinking. I have been trying to complete this list for the past few days and been drawing blank. i've been thinking, there are some things which we think we want, and there are the things which we actually want. there was a quote that went something like the secret of happiness is knowing the difference between what we wish for and what we want. but as i kept thinking about it, it morphed into another idea in my head. we are all, as human beings, attracted to two kinds of people: one, people like us and two: people who are different.
for the former we feel the bonding of shared understanding, co-misseration, shared failings. also, the irritation of having two accept the same faults twice over, repeated lessons in case of a phase lag, the embarresment of a mirror in ur face.
for the latter, we feel the fascination of the unknown, the un-understandable, the desirable. also, the fustration of not undrstanding where they are coming from. the irritation of having needs and timings out of synch.
the only really happy couples in the world are the ones who, consciously or unconsciously, have made the choice between, or have had it made for them by life, or chance, and have accepted it and lived by it. forevermore.
DISCLAIMER - This post is liable to go under for editing, or even dissapear, as i wrote it when i was tired and i half dunno what i'm saying :)
Ummm, no connection, really, but this is the snap I was looking at while writing this: snap - dont he just break ur heart! lol
Originally Posted at Prerona.