The Passion Of The Christ

I just saw the The Passion Of The Christ
As a picture, I loved it. The photography is brilliant, the costumes, the screenplay, the framing of the whole story ...
But something else. I dont know if the narration was so evocative, the setting out of the play so effective
or the subject so well known and loved ... but it just seemed so real
I cry at every movie, and sob at a lot of movies.
But I looked around in the semi dark hall and saw many other people, men & woman,
sobbing, crying like something dreadful was happening in front of them, to them
I had heard that the violence was bloody and vivid ... but i didnt anticipate how much

I saw his interview in the morning. They were talking about how the movie seemed to be moving people
and asked him to comment on what kind of effect did he hope the movie would have
He said he hopes it will forment a feeling of love between fellow men. will it? i hope so too. inshallah.

Somehow historic stories of this time make me feel that these are all linked in some way. the jews, the arabs, the aryans. but how? and if so why is it like this?

No comments:

Post a Comment