a 1000 acres

i saw a 1000 acres.
it was very disturbing
ive left the dvd to see one more time

there are two kinds of people in this world
nice normal happy people
and people with "funny" childhoods
and the twain shall never meet
its a "us and them" thing.
and they will never understand. thank god. poor little things

when the movie is ending ginny, the eldest sister is left with her younger sisters kids
almost everyone else has died
and she says, they are the real inheritence. i watch them grow
and i see in them, something me and my sister never really had.
i see hope.

perhaps its true
the lost kids, never really have hope.
its like being born with aids. u fight it in different ways brave and beautiful. or dirty and bitter
but at the end of the day ur just trying to kill time till u die. ur marked.

im gonna watch trainspotting now
highly recommended by the kiddo
lets see how that is

im reading interpretor of maladies, by jhumpa lahiri
my firt book by an indian author. lets see how that goes.
i dont know what made me start it! besides anirban's enthusiasm!

i had a beautiful sunday!
last night I stayed up till 4 am
spoke to everyone except jinx
after ages
read. surfed. watched movies.
this morning I woke up at 9
tried frantically to call jinx but didnt get through
cleaned the house.
watched a movie. made (bad) upma
went to the library, walmart, spoke to my dad. cried a few tears hidden in the toilet papers section of walmart.
tried to catch rahul on the phone but failed as usual.
laughed at myself. went to my feelgood joint - IHOP and ate a HUGE steak omlette
saw a beautiful sunset that reminded me of "the sun is setting like molasses in the sky"
and now Im home and planing one of my massive ritual soak baths.

No comments:

Post a Comment