PUJO, AAR AMAAR KOLKATA

whether Im near or far
my heart is still with her
its that time of the year once more
when she haunts me like never before
I close my eyes and she comes to me ...
And in my mind Ill walk her streets

Ekhun amaar Kolkata te, dhaaker shobde akaash bhora
The drums roll like thunder on rainy hilltops in faraway little hamlets with exotic foreign names
Ekhun amaar Kolkata te, koto ronger alo'e alo'e raat ujjol
Like the virgin blush of new beauty, she will be glowing and humming and sweetly smiling

Its the start of the 3 month long party
Nights in Kolkata wont be the same again till about January

Against a backdrop immense dark deserted golfcourse
Bornfires burn in my mind
Vodka on the rocks
My best friend with me
As we tried to spot 5 people not dressed in shiny black
Or International night where you meet everyone but everyone and dance till you go nuts

Everyone who stays away from Kolkata tries to time homecomings for Dec
Me and my dad for the parties & birthdays and wedding annivs and ... well, the parties :)
Some people ... because its slightly cooler in Cal then

my city ... my beautiful, maddening, enchanting, haunting city ...

at work ...
its still hectic, but they have put away the axe for a bit :)
the way things were going ... they were gonna crucify me!

After this project is over Im gonna take a long break in Kolkata o mine
And find a nice Germany project ;)

Anna told him. But she's acting weird after that
When I read 100 years and the dad was living with his girlfriend I didnt feel so bad ... I kind of

grinned while reading in a boys will be boys kind of way
I dont know why. I guess its the kids ... I cant get over how horrible it is for the kids when they find

their mom going around with someone not legit or even. Most kids need to think of their moms as

a kind of a neutered creature. I realised this when i was very young and wrote an essay on it which

won me a fullscore on 20 on 20 in my finals and lots of literary / philospohical acclaim in school.

But I was not even 14 then ... but I sympathised with the moms. Now Im just mixed up and

confused on the issue ... it doesnt seem as clear as it once did. Nothing is clear in this whole issue of

extra maritial affairs ... even the be honest to the person ur cheating precept no longer stands very

firm. I mean if ur gonna do it anyway, and ur not gonna leave the poor man ... maybe ignorance is

bliss? Few yrs back I would have said ofcourse u can fall in love - and who can help that ...

whenever, with whomever ... its like a thunderbolt & u have no control. and ofcourse u must give

way to love. BUT now I feel that we cant always afford to give way to love. Indeed "LOVE" no

longer seems as undeniable as it once did. And there seem to be other considerations, other duties, priorities ... other loves ... like your parents, your children, maybe even yourself.

Oh My God ... This is my fav soapbox and I could go on and on forever! So Ill take it up again tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment