Dreams

In thoughts,
On Skin,
Under closed eyelids,
In dreams.

In fantasies,
Memories.
Yesterdays, Tomorrows,
And days inbetween.

In the silence,
In muffled screams;
Inside the fire,
In the wind;

In the heart,
In the burning;
In blood and sinew,
In the clenching;

In silly, naiive
Broken, Staggering
Foolish
& barely alive Hope:

Mine.

Face,
Eyes,
Skin,
Laughter,
Voice,
Words,
Tears,
Dreams,
Visions,
Memories,
Love,
Nurture,
Faith,
Hope,
Wonder,
Caring,
Affection:

Yours.

I burn again and again
Each time I close my eyes
To blink
And the fire to which I fed you
Flares again in my head
And the desert of paralysis
Into which you pushed me departing
Laughs a hallow mocking cacophany
That echos in my brain.
Night and Day
And pain, sweet pain, is all that remains
Of all the love that made our world
Once. Thats all that remains
All other signs,
A few fast fading photographs in black and white and colour
A electronic words on a broken phone
A few mins of your voice as it faded,
Captured in the record
I barely dare to play
A road I never stray towards
A metropolis that huants me with ur absence
Streets where you taught me to walk
Roads where I held ur hands as your legs weakened
And the house where I buried you
Alone and deserted
A piece of red cloth.
And a fading printed swatch of white
Torn from the last thing you wore
That I jealously hide,
All the signs are fading.
Only this remains where youre still living
The pain, behind my eyes
The roaring sound btw my ears
The hollow where my heart was
The numbness in my brain
Thats all that remains
And I'll keep it this way
Ill lie down by the grave.

No comments:

Post a Comment