starry starry night

every night, as i walk back home i pass the palace, to my right. it stands with its glowing light, rising out of the surrounding gardens and parks which are immersed in darkness. i am almost shivering. its cold. the wind is sharp like 14 knives slashing through, chilling its way deep down inside me. my face feels stretched, weird, funny. the roads are almost deserted. i sing to myself as i walk on the cobbled streets. just before i reach home, i glance up. the sky is a picture of clear, deep, cerullean. its full of stars. i had forgotten there were so many stars. and they look like someone spilled a box of sparkles all over blue velvet carpet. i feel like calling the next person i see on the road and sharing the thought. its hard to enjoy so much beauty alone. but theres no one on the streets. so i walk on home. and i sing to myself, its a beautiful world.

No comments:

Post a Comment