FROM THE DESK OF "THE SUPER GROUCH"

calvin and hobbes

calvin & hobbes



its a season of finding. i found another quote which i have been hunting
for for years! its so true ... and beautiful

"There is a legend about a bird which sings just once in its life, more sweetly than any other creature on the face of the earth. From the moment it leaves the nest it searches for a thorn tree, and does not rest until is had found one. Then, singing among the savage branches, it impales itself upon the longest, sharpest spine. And, dying, it rises above its own agony to out-carol the lark and the nightingale. One superlative song, existence the price. But the whole world stills to listen, and God in his heaven smiles. For the best is only bought at the cost of great pain…"

"The bird with the thorn in its breast, it follows an immutable law; it is driven by it knows not what to impale itself, and die singing. At the very instant the thorn enters there is no awareness in it of the dying to come; it simply sings and sing until there is not the life left to utter another note. But we, when we put the thorns in our breasts, we know. We understand. And still we do it. Still we do it."

from The Thornbirds, Colleen McCullough

dont feel like writing anything in this blog today so ill just be GROUCHY and bug everyone who reads the post

missing jinx very much today
wish he was here
he'd understand ...

i went to wandy's blog. she writes so bldy well!

didnt get any mails from mich all day ... she's ignoring me too!
neo and sapna are like, totally ignoring me ... gawd knows where they are ... god bless the kids!

I miss teddy :(

I got a lot of books from the childrens section this weekend ... agatha chrities, peter pan & little women & "willie wonka"

I read my centuries old journal and remembered how weird I was! (I mean how much weirder)

I realised I keep 3 blogs, a webpage & a paper journal

POME
"wish it was you
no one else will ever quite do

i try so hard, but its all a mess
i know inside. i do confess

uve got a way of doing everything
cute and funny and maddening

now ur gone, good bye. gooodbye
im not sure i know just how it all happened. so fast.
now ur gone, I dont even cry,
anymore. I just stare at the road. With dumb look on my face

should have been you
no one else will do

id never in a lightyear let you know
but sweetheart it was always you
PM

No comments:

Post a Comment