Shadow

my shadow
uv always been
in my first fright
i ran from you
but you stayed
stuck to me, always right behind

you read what i read
you heard what i heard
i ...
in my morning
still so full of 'i'
desperate to be different
aching to for a voice
i ran from the world
and you stuck on behind

i stamped on your thin frail feet
i hit out at the shimmering face

i did all i could
till u hated me

now noon is past
im marching behind

im stuck to you
my shadow

you ...
in your morning
still so full of 'i'
desperate to be different
aching to for a voice
you're running from the world
and im stuck on behind
i shout out
my voice dull with age
theres nothing where we're headed for

but you only hide

ur hiding from the waves of my voice
ring out from the center of my void
u hide ur eyes from the light rays
that come out of my darkness

u dont wanna know
where u will go

dont wanna see
whats happened to me

my shadow
so much more real than i could ever be

my shadow shines
im only dark

my shadow
has substance. im empty and fake

my shadow stretch longer, longer, longest

No comments:

Post a Comment