keep coming back to you ...

i tried to stay away, but i couldnt. yesterday, though i was itching to write, i had so much work that it was easier to let sense prevail. but this morning, it was 26 degrees out. woke up early and wore my favourite saree to work. the sky was like a child with brimming eyes ... tears just about to fall. dark, yet glowing. theres a strange light in the sky today. i got in early. i did the blog roll. and i couldnt bear it any more ... so here i am (no rocking, pls) :)

had a hectic week or two. something lined up after work every evening. met ghatak last night. AWESOME! he hasnt changed a bit! he just looks more relaxed though. more at ease with himself. FTII agrees with him. makes me miss Pune. and Vani & Pills. those long evenings at ftii - just chilling and doing nothing at all

met ad too ... it makes me feel so much better. staying at home. having them accessible. these are my real family. jinx, chatts, sauce, ad, barbie, juls, brat, buro, vani, pills, rahul bhaiya ... and all my friends.

being out there, on ur own is ok. but u have been on ur gaurd so long, uve been hurt so long, that the shell, gradually hardening, grows thicker and thicker ... growing inwards, and squeezing out out the light inside. till one day, u freeze. till one day, u die. but now im coming back to life. now that im with friends all around again.

sharakkhun bandhu bandhu kore mete thaakle hobe! bandhura kemon chhata diye
matha rokkha korbe aami dekhe nebo ... korbe ma. orai kore. baachiye rakhe. 'when ur in need of love they give u care and affection'. they make life worth living. good friends, bad friends. time pass friends, soul friends. new friends, old friends. blog friends, work friends, rotaract friends, school friends, college friends, 'just found them here and there' friends ... and a AWOL-desperately-needed-right-now best friend ;)

Where were you when I was burned and broken
While the days slipped by from my window watching
Where were you when I was hurt and helpless
Because the things you say and the things you do surround me
While you were hanging yourself on someone else's words
Dying to believe in what you heard
I was staring straight into the shining sun

Lost in thought and lost in time
While the seeds of lifeand the seeds of change were planted
Outside the rain fell dark and slow
While I pondered on this dangerous but irresistible pastime
I took a heavenly ride through our silence
I knew the moment had arrived
For killing the past and coming back to life

I took a heavenly ride through our silence
I knew the waiting had begun
And headed straight..into the shining sun

No comments:

Post a Comment