Another sunday, another weekend slipped slowly out of the fingers of time.
Lazy sunday afternoons ...

That particular sequence of words always always brings to mind my secret poem which starts like that & most of the times it makes me smile.
I browsed till the sun said hello, last night & then slept till 12 this morning
Went to the public library and got myself got a membership finally
Now I feel like Im a true resident here
Found a science book & some georgette heyers & a spanish book. What more could a woman want :)
Hmmmm .... well!

Came back. Felt hungry. Nothing to eat in the house. Not unless you count stuff you actually have to Cook! Like Daal Chawaal.
No money to buy anything. So I ate some bacon & potatoes & cheese. Which was great. Except that I wish there had been some more.
And slept till Kams woke me up at 7 with an invitation for tea.
After tea we went to office to return JP's "Godel, Escher, Bach"
Then went for a long aimless beautiful lazy drive full of reminiscence, for me
During which we got lost (roadwise) once and got lost (down our respective memory lanes) several times

Its been a week since life shut down here
One crazy - empty - silent - lonely - blank - waiting week
One down. About 15 more to go?

But then Ive always liked solitude
It gives you space
It gives you room for thought

Maybe thats why I came here
Every once in a while my senses are cloyed with too much love & affection
And I long to be alone, or the next best thing - be where no one knows me at all.

Is that why I came here?
Maybe I just came here running away from something, something I was scared to face?
What? And how far can I run?
Whats the use anyway.

Somewhere some important part of me is lost, out of reach
Set free, to walk alone on the vast huge earth
My Friend, My soul-fragment, My Dear Friend
You, I miss!

When the body leaves, walking out into the Sun
The shadow, left behind, hesitates
Then quivers, one last time
And dying dissapears. Into thedark bowels of death from whence all shadows come
To stay there dormant, till the Sun returns.
Till he returns ...

No comments:

Post a Comment