whats love gotto do, gotto do with it

You must understand
Though the touch of your hand
Makes my pulse react
That it's only the thrill
Of boy meeting girl
Opposites attract
It's physical
Only logical
You must try to ignore
That it means more than that

It may seem to you
That I'm acting confused
When you're close to me
If I tend to look dazed
I read it some place
I've got cause to be
There's a name for it
There's a phrase fits
But whatever the reason
You do it for me

I've been taking on a new direction
And I have to say
I've been thinking 'bout my own protection
It scares me to feel this way

What's love got to do, got to do with it
What's love, but a sweet old fashioned notion
What's love got to do, got to do with it
Who needs a heart when a heart can be broken


everywhere there are men and women, there will be attraction. sparks will fly, temperature will rise. heartbeats accelerate everynow and then. dreams will get crowded with phantom guests. the problems, the confusions and then the pain ... comes because we confuse each attraction, for love. the attraction is like a fertile ground, where you could plant a seed and hope it grows into the tree of love. but it is not love. even if you did plant the seed, you would still have to water it for a while to make it grow. even then it would depend on that particular plant (seed / sapling / root / tree), on the environment, on the random whims of a stray cow which may wander by and take a bite at the whole baby plant, a single bolt of lightning, or a casual wood men may cut down the full grown, matured tree ... there would be all these chances and more, between the readiness of the soil and the full grown tree.

everywhere there are people there will be likes and dislikes. affections. disagreements. trust. betrayal. friendship. confidences. shame. pride. ego clashes. shared humour. bitterness. making fun of someone. the square pegs. the round pegs. the grid. the quiet joy of finding another person a bit like you. the excitement of finding someone you can relate to. the awe of admiring someone, someone more like who you want to be. the gentleness of feeling protective of someone you are fond of. someone more like who you think you might have once been. the betrayal, the loneliniess, the disillusionments come when we confuse each affection found, for friendship.

i sent an olive branch. i turned my head away in anger, but i could not walk away. not because of what he is, but maybe bcz of what he means to me. he means to me, freedom - from every judgement i accepted. he means to me, unconditional love. he means to me, the ideal of friendship, personified. he means to me trust, bcz he is the only one who has never hurt me. he means to me absolvement, bcz he solves every confession. he means to me a bank, bcz he is the only one i say everything to. he means to me, security, bcz I know i will never stop loving him. nothing will ever matter between us. nothing will ever change us. nothing will come in between us. bcz i can always turn to him in need. always. he means to me, every friend I have ever had, every one i have ever loved, every dream i have ever dreamed

i saw 'pinjar'. after all the expectations i had had, it was ok. the same old cliche of ram and ravaan? i always thought felt on ravan side. but this time i felt different. was it just bcz they had switched to that side? well that maybe so. cant help it if im intrinsically antimob? vajpayee (is it something about the name that everyone who bears it becomes the coolest??? ;0)) is brilliant, as always. he is just too good. urmila is weird. i almost found myself wishing they had put someone else in her place. the rest of the actors were all good. the theme was the great and very well handled, i think. and in the background, the same wounds they will never take their sticks out of. i wish i could conjure some magic and undo it. put it all back together. sometimes i feel like it was all mine, and i want it back. whole and sound and healthy

i made someone cry. it disturbed me so much that i fell asleep as soon as i got home. ok im kidding. it feels good doesnt it that someone cares. even if its fleeting. if such a small thing could make her cry for me, then what would she do if she heard about my whole life?

i slept 8.5 hours yesterday! its been ages! usually i sleep 4 to 5 hours. from 12 to 5 am. but last week was so exquisitely tiring that i guess yesterday it was just too much. today we have a farewell dinner for a collg (i cant spell that) who is leaving. its been 4 days since I ate something nice, something cooked, something with gravy. im going mad thinking about it

10 comments:

  1. when u r lonely u look out for any simple aquaintance as a prospective relationship..freindship..love.
    Its great to have a good friend pre..u r lucky!..

    jo

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes jo ... lucky for each and every friend i have ... good, casual, bad, near, far ... all of u.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 'hugs' aunty :)
    take care

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is an advertisement ;-)

    Visit my Blog for in-your-face cricketing opinion.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi,there,Ricercar.Good to see u around after ages.:)As for having good friends, be they bloggers,or,friends from daily life,they all make a difference,don't they?:)Cheers.And,thanks for the lyrics of 'What's love got to do with it?'...:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. food and rest for ricer! thats what I can say.. :) incidentally its been real long since I saw a mail..

    bhalo theko ricerdi!

    ReplyDelete
  7. amit - ur welcome - hope u were being sarci? yeah - friends r nice to have :)

    neil - whats a mail? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are a good friend, and be happy with each friend you have, because one day you can loose a friend that you had no power in loosing and then you feel as if you have no one.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi,there,Ricercar,no I wasn't being sarci...(I assume u mean'sarcastic')..it's not in my nature.I really was curious about those lyrics,but never got down to finding them.

    ReplyDelete
  10. amit - good then :) ur welcome! chk out my music blog - loads of lyrics there

    rebecca - thx!

    ReplyDelete