in search of a thicker skin

why do we get such strong / uncontrollable likes and dislikes in people? what do we care. y do we care. we hate to care. there r millions blue right now all over the world. what the h%$£ can we do ... why do we care. y shud it still hurt us after they forget. why would we still hurt? y do we cry for stupid things. y do we get mad and be all determined to stay mad ... but forget all about it in 5 mins.
i hate it when the simplest things get stupidly complicated?

A winter's day
In a deep and dark December
I am alone
Gazing from my window
To the streets below
On a freshly fallen silent shroud of snow

I am a rock
I am an island

I've built walls
A fortress deep and mighty
That none may penetrate
I have no need for friendship
Friendship causes pain
It's laughter and it's loving I disdain.

I am a rock
I am an island

Don't talk of love
Well, I've heard the word before
It's sleeping in my memory
I won't disturb the slumber
Of feelings that have died
If I'd never loved,
I never would have cried

I am a rock
I am an island

I have my books
And my poetry to protect me
I am shielded in my armor
Hiding in my room
Safe within my womb
I touch no-one and no-one touches me

I am a rock
I am an island
And the rock feels no pain
And an island never cries

I Am a Rock - Simon and Garfunkel

No comments:

Post a Comment