i set out for freedom
with a destination to aim for
i lost my way soon enough
down serendipitous roads
and found myself
in the jungle of your love

fire and ice
pleasure and penance
hardship and reward
father, child, god
i found everything in you

and now Im losing it all
all over again
what can I do
but smile through the pain

but its hard to be brave
and sometimes I still cry
time enough for tears
when ur finally gone
i must somehow keep smiling
while im still in your arms

hearts can love
but hearts cant hold
when the loved one grows restive
you've got to let him go
uve got to let go

but inside my heart
while u hold me strong
a wild cry shouts a storm
'dont go. dont leave me. else I shall die'
its all I can do to keep it mute
while I smile bright and say 'Ill love you'

my heart will stay
like mirror undisturbed
frozen, hidden, a reflection of your eyes
caught in the moment you passed me by
on your long and forward road

No comments:

Post a Comment